You can now use ServiceTitan to engage with your customers over their preferred mode of communication: Text messaging!
At ServiceTitan, we’re passionate about empowering home and commercial service shops with new technologies and helping businesses create outstanding customer experiences where homeowners and property managers least expect them.
This is exactly why ServiceTitan offers a growing suite of Customer Experience features. This includes SMS text notifications for homeowners and property managers: Booking confirmations, reminders, and dispatch notifications with a real-time technician tracking web app. We're boosting the product suite even more with the new addition of Chat—a text-based communication channel designed to bridge the gap between your business and its customers.
What is Chat?
Chat is a feature that allows your office and customers to stay connected from job booking to completion right over SMS text. For the homeowner or property manager, they can do this right on their smartphone. For the CSR, it’s as easy as using any desktop messaging app (iMessage, Slack, Discord, etc).
Texting has eclipsed phone calls and emails as our preferred communication channel in our personal lives—and there's a ton of data out there pointing to our preference for texting when it comes to interacting with businesses, as well.
- Twilio found that 89% of consumers want to use messaging to communicate with brands.
- Harris Poll found that 64% of consumers now want customer service provided over texting.
- Thrive Analytics found that a fast-growing segment of consumers preferred a mobile-oriented "Uber-like" experience when purchasing contractor services. More than that, phone calls are increasingly being characterized as an annoyance—especially among America’s fastest-growing segment of homeowners: Millennials (who now call phone calls “an interruption” and “bizarrely invasive”). These are feelings you want customers to avoid every time they need to reschedule, inquire about a service, or even confirm an appointment.
Chat allows your customers to:
- Confirm, schedule, or reschedule appointments conveniently over text.
- Provide details that will impact the success of the job (gate code, key is under the mat, beware of dog, etc.).
- Share a photo or video of an issue on their property (coming soon with a future release!)
- Communicate with your office to address any issues.
- Align with your team on expectations.
Chat allows your office to:
- Personalize the customer experience from job booking to completion.
- Reduce missed appointments by making it easier to reschedule.
- Increase CSR efficiency by being able to hold multiple conversations at the same time.
- Get the full customer service picture with Chat’s integration with ServiceTitan CRM.
- Stay proactive and alert customers to job changes ASAP over text.
- Address any job-related questions in a timely manner.
- Tackle complaints before they negatively impact the brand.
- Increase bookings by offering a whole new level of convenience.
- Dispatch to jobs that have been confirmed over Chat reducing no-shows to zero!
No more misaligned expectations due to lack of communication! Now, both your office team and your customers can start speaking the same language—down to the very last emoji—right inside your ServiceTitan platform.
How can my shop use Chat?
Chat is already active and available to all current ServiceTitan customers. Hear what some of our beta testers are already saying about using it:
“At Lee’s Air we are emphatic about the customer experience and ServiceTitan Chat feature has been a perfect fit. Not only is it convenient and user-friendly for our office staff, but our customers are huge fans as well. Ever since we started using ServiceTitan Chat, delighted customers have been highlighting it in their positive reviews online. Our CSR’s love Chat, our Marketing team loves Chat, and our customers love Chat. Chat is one of the ServiceTitan features I wouldn’t go without.” - Lee's Air
“Chat helped us communicate with homeowners how they best wanted to communicate. Some homeowners are at work when we give them a call to confirm someone is available. They can easily respond with a text saying their husband or wife is home to meet the technicians. Some homeowners receive our calls to book their maintenance but are too busy to schedule this with a phone call and prefer just a quick text to pick a day and time. Some customers even enjoy expressing their compliments for the technician through text and emojis. It has been a helpful and powerful tool to let our customers choose the best way for them to communicate with us.” - Tom Drexler Plumbing
“Chat helped us connect with customers in a quick and efficient way. Nowadays not everyone wants to answer the phone, so being able to text updates has definitely helped our response time from our customers. All in all, Chat has been a great feature that our dispatchers and our customers really enjoy.” - Village Plumbing
Chat is available NOW. Contact your CSM to activate this robust feature.